Our activities include:
- Checking all local planning and tree applications; commenting or objecting where appropriate. We also seek to influence planning policy. The BRA response to all applications is listed in the minutes of our monthly committee meetings which are available here. For advice on how to object or comment on a planning application to Camden Council, please see here.
- Raising concerns about and responding to consultations on local public services, traffic, parking and transport. Meeting regularly with councillors to discuss local issues.
- Providing information about local issues and activities through quarterly newsletters, two noticeboards and this website as well as publishing an annual booklet (“Tradesmen You Can Trust”) listing tradesmen recommended by our members. See here.
- Noticeboards: the BRA has noticeboards in Belsize Village and on Haverstock Hill. These are used to publicise community events. For guidance on displaying posters, see here.
- Organising a programme of social events. See here.
Annual General Meeting
Our AGM takes place in March each year. The annual reports, accounts and minutes of the meetings are available here.
The BRA Committee consists of current BRA members who are elected by the membership at the Annual General Meeting. Committee members take responsibility for specific topics based on their particular interests and skills. The Committee for 2017-18 is
Temporary Newsletter Editor email@example.com
|Anne Stevens||Membership Secretary tel: 020 7794 0874
|Consuelo Phelan||Trees and Streets|
|Michael Jampel||Constitution and Governance|
Editor, ‘Tradesmen You Can Trust’